A free mind leaves no ammunition.
We live in a world that is busy conditioning us to believe that the most important thing in our life is our image. We have to be sexy, smart, good, rich, powerful, and different and, of course, cool. “Cool” gets re-defined, and renamed, at a very fast pace, so how will we ever keep up with it? Just like the hamster on the wheel we can strive and strive, until the day comes when we drop off from exhaustion.
Through this constant conditioning we end up wasting most of our creative energy, and life force, on the maintenance of our image. We take it seriously. We worry about what those around us think of us, to the extreme. We seek constant approval. Until we become aware of it, the preservation of our mask, our image, affects every decision we make.
We develop our mask to protect us from our fears; of rejection, failure, making a mistake, being weak, being laughed at, excluded and judged and much more. The decision-making programs that drive that approval seeking behaviour run very deeply within us. In many cases they have been passed on through the generations and overlaid by our cultural groups.
And then to add to the mix we’re always comparing our mask with those around us, we compete for approval. In fact, most of us will find it hard to enjoy the success of others, because we feel that it makes us look less in some way. More wasted energy, wasted on trying to fit into a few boring stereotypes or “ideals,” instead of being ourselves.
Is this a recipe for peaceful and delightful living?
It seems that, for the most part, we have ended up with our mask running our life, often leaving our spirits and hearts out in the cold, and all for what? If you get the approval for your image will you be happy? Deep down you will know that the approval is for a mask, and not your true self, not for your true spirit and not for your heart. Is that a love worth having, a prize worth striving for?
In essence Delight Making works by putting the spotlight on the madness of the mask, and by sharing the tools and know-how needed to break free of the control of it. So, ultimately Delight Making reveals the power of living without a mask. Once you have the ability to shed your mask, you have the ability to get your life back, and be free.
Breaking free of your mask means that you can recover untold amounts of lost energy, and with that energy you can do amazing things. You can:
- Perceive the world at a deeper level and have your senses guiding you more intelligently throughout your life.
- Be more creative. With the energy to perceive the world around you more clearly, you can be clearer, more inspired and more energised to bring your inspiration into being.
- Heal your body more easily and more quickly.
- Stay healthier as you suffer from less stress, and the diseases, that result from not being at ease with yourself.
- Attract the relationships that match the real you; and that will save you a life time of wasted energy in itself.
- Stop competing, because you’ll find your natural place.
- Be more abundant. Once you have more energy you will be more attractive and will attract more to you in all senses.
- Be more generous, as you will have so much more to give.
- Stop worrying and let go of your fears.
- Have more love and laughter.
…… And maybe, you’ll start to live life magically, as a natural born Delight Maker!
Did you have yourself convinced that children have so much aliveness and energy because of their young age? Think about it. They eat less than an adult, and yet there bodies are developing and growing at an astounding rate. They are also taking in a whole new world every day, learning at incredible speeds. By adult reasoning they should be exhausted, but instead they are vibrant, curious, enthusiastic, joyful and delighted ……at least until the conditioning finally takes hold, and then they too become taken over by the maintenance of their mask. The age at which this is now happening is getting younger and younger.
The mask is expensive. It shuts out our light. It makes us miserable. It makes us treat ourselves badly, and it makes us treat others badly. Ask yourself the question…..
Who could I be, who would I be, with all of that recovered Delight Maker energy?